cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate Unity 7 to Unity Connection

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi we are migrating 3 Unity systems to a single Unity Connection HA pair.

Just a few questions which someone may have come across before:

1. will COBRAS migrate the custom keypad mappings or do we have to manually recreate on Connection.

2. using SMTP notifications on current unity system and within the Windows environment we managed to change the display name of the Unity account so the from address would be meaningful to the customer i.e.  From :  CUSTOMERName Voicemail [servername@serverSMTPdomain.com].

However on Unity Connection the Display name of the Unity connection server account  is greyed out so our email notifications come through as

From:  cisco unity connection messaging system [servername@smtpdomain.com].

reading old threads I guess the answer is no but just in case I thought I would ask!!  (so we want to change the cisco unity messaging system part  - not the domain part in the from field).

3. On the Unity system we changed a prompt with a customer recorded one - it was not TAC supported but we had support from Cisco AS so we replaced one of the prompts . Again it was windows so it was easy , can the same be done with Connection , guess its not supported but has anyone done this . i assume COBRAS will not migrate it.

TIA...Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

COBRAS does get custom key maps from Connection to Connection migrations but not from Unity to Connection - the conversation options (and how they're stored) is very different between the two products and cannot be reconciled for migration purposes.  Configure your custom key map(s) ahead of time prior to import.

No, the smtp address there is not adjustable by any supported means I know of.

No, COBRAS does not touch any system prompts for any reason.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

COBRAS does get custom key maps from Connection to Connection migrations but not from Unity to Connection - the conversation options (and how they're stored) is very different between the two products and cannot be reconciled for migration purposes.  Configure your custom key map(s) ahead of time prior to import.

No, the smtp address there is not adjustable by any supported means I know of.

No, COBRAS does not touch any system prompts for any reason.

Thanks for the response.

for the 2nd question re SMTP address I found this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2076588