cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating Unity 4.x to Unity Connection 8.5 - Keeping saved VM's and greetings?

Darren Lynn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

We have a business requirement to maintain all currently recorded voicemail greetings and saved messages.

We are migrating from Unity 4.x to a virtualised Unity Connection 8.5.

My question,

Is it possible to export all saved messages and greetings from the old Unity Server and import them to the new Unity Connections Virtual Machine?

If this is possible, how is it done?

Cheers

Darren

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be done with the COBRAS suite of tools:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

the help file and training videos go into detail.  You'd be using "briefcase mode" moves for going between 4.0(5) or later and Connection.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

You can't use COBRAS unless you're at 4.0(5) - so they'll have to upgrade if they want to go that route.

COBRAS does allow you to restore only messages into existing user accounts if you like (i.e. if you've already created users and don't want their other properties touched, just messages restored) - this is on the last page of the wizard - the option for "only restore voice messages for existing users".

There's no corresponding option for greetings - if you want to restore greetings you're going to get the other user properties (PIN, transfer strings, user input key assignments etc...) as well.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be done with the COBRAS suite of tools:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

the help file and training videos go into detail.  You'd be using "briefcase mode" moves for going between 4.0(5) or later and Connection.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the link, its definitely cleared up many questions.

Need a little detail that i wasnt able to find.

Using this tool, can we just extract the greetings and saved voicemail?

Also, ive since found out that our client is on 4.0(4), are they any options (besides an upgrade) to extract the greetings and voicemails?

You can't use COBRAS unless you're at 4.0(5) - so they'll have to upgrade if they want to go that route.

COBRAS does allow you to restore only messages into existing user accounts if you like (i.e. if you've already created users and don't want their other properties touched, just messages restored) - this is on the last page of the wizard - the option for "only restore voice messages for existing users".

There's no corresponding option for greetings - if you want to restore greetings you're going to get the other user properties (PIN, transfer strings, user input key assignments etc...) as well.

Thanks Jeff.

5 Star responses!!

now to tell the client the bad news