Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Voice Access (MVA) gateway

chuankokping
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have go thru the Cisco Mobile Connect and Mobile Voice Access (MVA) document, it mentioned that MVA's gateway have to be configured as H323 gateway.

Can i know whether Mobile Voice Access (MVA) can function with H323 gateway ONLY? I have all my gateways configured in MGCP now , if H323 is a must, then i have no choice to change it to in order to make MVA works .

Anyone can confirm?

Million Thanks.

KokPing

3 Replies 3

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes an H.323 gateway is required as this functionality works based on VXML which gets engaged via dial peers. Though you do not need to have the call come in via that gateway. You can hairping the call via an H.323 GW through CUCM:

---------->GW  -----mgcp------- CUCM <------- h.323 --------> GW

I am not sure if this is supported or recommended, but I have gotten MVA call coming in through an MGCP gateway work by doing the following :

- Get the IP address of the MGCP PRI gw

- On CallManager, create a dummy H.323 gw with that obtained IP address

- Use MVA hairpinning to redirect the MVA call :

- If MVA number is 6145551234, and only the last 4 digits is passed to CallManager from the MGCP gw, I would create a Route Pattern 1234 (in a partition accessible by the 'Incoming CSS' of the MGCP gw) and point it to the dummy H.323 gw created

- You can then create a voip dial peer for incoming called-number 1234, with the mva service

- I would recommend configuring Media Resources > Mobile Voice Acces number to be a different than 1234, to prevent a call loop. It also has to be unique. Let's say 5678 is a unique number for you. You can put in partition 'None', so that everyone can access it.

- Create another voip dial peer for destination-pattern 5678, and back to CallManager

- voice service voip and allow connections h323-to-h323

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1126351 walks you through the steps of configuring MVA with hairpinning.

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

i will try it out and let you know

thanks