cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple calls to Unity Fail

Eric Eddy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a Unified Communication Manager and Unity setup that has issues when multiple people attempt to check their voicemail or people call a call handler. I am using a CUBE to accept calls inbound with my SIP trunk from our provider that are automatically routed to a call handler for an automated prompt. If a second person attempts to call in while one caller is in the call handler they will get a busy signal. I know the issue isn't on the inbound SIP trunk side because if a person exits the call handler to a different extension a second call inbound works fine. Another thing that removes the SIP trunk as an issue is I use this unity server for our voicemails as well and if someone is in our inbound call handler and then another person tries to check their voicemail they will also get a busy signal. My guess is something on the CM side is seeing the extension SIP Trunk to Unity is currently busy and doesn't allow the second call in. What would I change to allow multiple calls inbound to Unity so multiple people can be in the call handler and we can check our voicemail at the same time?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Turns out my issue was a Unity issue not a Call Manager issue. I had to add more ports to unity to support additional inbound calls. I followed this documentation to add more ports to unity. You add the number of ports necessary based on the number of calls you wish to support. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/integration/guide/cucm_sip/b_cucintcucmsip/b_cucintcucmsip_chapter_0100.html#ID-2586-00000051

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a public forum, suggest you delete this and use internal resources.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Eric,

How is the Call Handler number configured in CallManager. If in case, its configured as a normal extension, you have to delete and configure it as a CTI route point so that it can allow multiple calls.

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Turns out my issue was a Unity issue not a Call Manager issue. I had to add more ports to unity to support additional inbound calls. I followed this documentation to add more ports to unity. You add the number of ports necessary based on the number of calls you wish to support. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/integration/guide/cucm_sip/b_cucintcucmsip/b_cucintcucmsip_chapter_0100.html#ID-2586-00000051