cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with user account after reinstalling Unity

kc4ixi
Level 1
Level 1

Druing initial configuration the motherboard died so I had to reinstall everything. I have one user that was associated to the old Unity install and now I cannot add them to the new Unity system. If I do a search for users and check the "all unity servers" checkbox I see the old user but cannot access it. I am running unity 4.0(4) with unified messaging and exchange 2000 on another server. Anyone know of a way to get the user disassociated with the old server so I can add them to the new one?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, try this.

Open GSM, right click on the server name. Select Import User (i know it's not making sense). Find the windows account, right-click on it, Remove Subscriber Properties.

Last Resort

=======================

open adsiedit using the command \commserver\techtools\adsiedit.msc

(You might have to register the dll - "regsvr.exe adsiedit.dll" )

Find the windows account, and right-click to get properties of the windows account.

Find the ciscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectId attribute for the account.

BE CAREFUL with this step because you are about to wipe out the Unity subsriber properties. Make sure you have the right account. If you do, click on the CLEAR-button to remove Unity CiscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectId attribute

After clearing, you should be able to import the account.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I tried using the Global Subscriber Manager, but it won't open the delete user wizard. I can right click and see the delete user option, but it won't work. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Ok, try this.

Open GSM, right click on the server name. Select Import User (i know it's not making sense). Find the windows account, right-click on it, Remove Subscriber Properties.

Last Resort

=======================

open adsiedit using the command \commserver\techtools\adsiedit.msc

(You might have to register the dll - "regsvr.exe adsiedit.dll" )

Find the windows account, and right-click to get properties of the windows account.

Find the ciscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectId attribute for the account.

BE CAREFUL with this step because you are about to wipe out the Unity subsriber properties. Make sure you have the right account. If you do, click on the CLEAR-button to remove Unity CiscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectId attribute

After clearing, you should be able to import the account.

The Remove Subscriber Properties worked great! Thanks for all your help.