Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt to change telephone password

tetsuo-kawakami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer using Unity 4.0(3) asks following questions.

1) how many days before the password expiration Unity 4.0 starts prompting the user to change his password.

2) If the user tries to login even one month later or two, for the first time after the expiration day, does unity prompt him to change his password?

3) How long after the password expiration Unity subscriber is allowed to change his password. Is it no limited duration?

Could anyone let me know?

Thank you.

Kawakami, NCR Japan

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The administration guide covers the password policy issues pretty well - you can check out the 4.0(4) admin guide's PW policy section here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008022d395.html

1. you can configure this to be as long or as short as you like (inlucing never expiring passwords).

2. Yes

3. I'm not sure what you're asking - it doesn't matter how long after the PW expired, the first time they log in after that time they will be forced to change their PW.

Lindborg-san,

Thank you for your answer and I'm sorry that my question #1 might be complicated.

In the case that the password expiration date for a Unity subscriber is 30th of Jan. and he logs into the account 28th of Jan.,

Unity informs him that expiration is approaching and recommends him to change password.

What I would like to ask is when Unity starts to replay the information, 23th of Jan., 16th of Jan or etc..

I hope this helps to understand better.

Tetsuo Kawakami

The number of days before the expiration time that the warning will play when they log in is not adjustable at this point.

Lindborg-san,

Thank you for your answer.I understand that the days is fixed as of now. Could you let me know the number of days?

Regards,

Tetsuo Kawakami

Lindborg-san,

I guess Unity password expire warning gets started to replay 14 days before to the scheduled expiration.

Windows password expire warning time is 14 days by default.

Is my guess correct?

Best regards,

Tetsuo Kawakami