cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on UM Upgrade from 4.0.2/4.0.3 to 4.0.4

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

Quick question on the above upgrade. I have 2 UM at 4.0.3 and 1 at 4.0.2. Do I have to reregister the PAK for each of the 4.0.4 upgrades against the MAC address of each of the servers to get a new license file when I do the upgrade? Or will the current license files work fine with the upgrade?

TIA

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The current licenses will work fine. There is nothing you need to do from a licensing perspective for the upgrade.

Thanks,

Keith

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The current licenses will work fine. There is nothing you need to do from a licensing perspective for the upgrade.

Thanks,

Keith

many thanks

D

This is what I beleive also but I was reading your Document ID 18460 and in it I read following:

Q. If the Cisco Unity software I need is posted on CCO, can't I just use that to upgrade to 4.x?

A. CCO has the Cisco Unity software but a Product Authorization Key (PAK) is required to successfully upgrade the Cisco Unity System. With the release of Cisco Unity 4.0, the licensing changed from a hardware dongle to FlexLM. Due to this change, an upgrade is not possible without a valid PAK. TAC cannot provide a PAK.

Can you please clear out the confusion ?

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That statement is for prior versions of Unity (such as 3.x) that uses a usb or parallel dongle. Those are not used in Unity 4.x.