cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stop and Start Unity service via the web

kimyin-tay
Level 1
Level 1

Customer site is using Unity 4.0(4) with Callmanager cluster 4.0(2a)

In the Appendix of the Cisco Unity Reconfiguration and upgrade guide ( with Microsoft Exchange ) - Exiting and Starting Unity server

The document provides the steps to stop and start the Unity software thru' the web,

by logging onto http://Unity Server/status

To stop Unity - In Unity Status Monitor - click Shut Down.

To start Unity - In Unity Status Monitor - click Start.

If we stop the Unity service thru' the web, we won't be able to start the Unity service via the web.

we have to re-start the Unity service from the server

console. Is this the expected behaviour ?

Does the Unity server supports stop and starting Unity services via the web ?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue (CSCdu76748 and CSCed67979 among others). It should be just removed from the documentation and the page itself, but that hasn't happened thus far.

Thanks for your advice. However, i am unable to view the Bug ID you indicated in your message.

Are you able to point me to a Cisco url that mentioned the proper procedure to stop/start Unity service ?

Due to that Unity Reconfiguration and Unity guide which has the procedure to stop and start Unity service via the web, the customer still believes this can be done, i need to show him proof from Cisco that this is not recommended, we will need to logon to Unity server console via UnityAdmin account to stop and start Unity service.

Would you be able to help me ?

Thanks again.