Views
Helpful
Replies

system greeting for busy

astrohmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

a customer wants to change the default busy greeting. He wants that if the user dont record a busy greeting the caller get the message that the users phone is busy at the moment.

Which greeting do I have to change?

Thanks Achim

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you activate the "Busy" greeting for subscribers (by defaults it's not turned on) and leave the source as "system" it will do what they want - if the call forwards to that extension as busy then it'll play the system generated greeting that says the users is busy or not available (the generic greeting).

You can activate all busy greetings for subscribers and/or call handlers using BulkEdit if you like.

Hi,

I activated the busy greeting, but the customer want to change the greeting which is played by the system when the subscriber do not record his own greeting.

thanks Achim

Ah - currently the only way to do that is to record a custom greeting for each user (you can import a WAV file of a greeting so they all sound the same) - however this has to be done on a per user basis.

I'll be cracking open BulkEdit later this week to add some features for the 4.0(5) release - I was thinking of adding the ability to select a WAV file to apply to a particular greeting for a group of subscribers and/or call handlers - if you think this would be useful, let me know and I'll add it to the list. Probably half a day of work and some QA testing time for that...

Hi,

I think this is a good feature because it wasn`t the first time I was asked to change a system greeting.

Achim

I went ahead and did this work today - it's in QA's hands for testing at the moment and then I'll post it to www.CiscoUnityTools.com - if you want to beta test it, ping me (lindborg at cisco dot com) and I can shoot you a copy.

If you sign up for notifications on tools updates on the site you'll get an email when it's been posted.

the tool is now tested and posted on www.CiscoUnityTools.com.

enjoy