cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The last backup of Cisco Unity Connection failed.

JaxIsland75
Level 1
Level 1

I see this when I log into Unity: "The last backup of Cisco Unity Connection failed. For more information, go to Backup > History page in the Disaster Recovery System."

I have backups set to run weekly, when I check the history in DRS it shows that it was successful at 0100 today and backed up: "IM_AND_PRESENCE,PLM,CDR_CAR,UCM"

I checked the backup settings and all features are checked to be backed up.

I went to the SFTP server and verified there are 63 backup files from 0100 this morning. My question is what is causing Unity to display this message and how do I know the backups I have are good?

I am on Call Manager System version: 10.5.2.12901-1

Also when I log into Call Manager and go to Help -> About it says this: "Last Successful Backup: 0 day(s) ago"

So I am seeing a lot of contradicting information and need to make sure the backups are working properly.

Cheers!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have backups set to run weekly, when I check the history in DRS it shows that it was successful at 0100 today and backed up: "IM_AND_PRESENCE,PLM,CDR_CAR,UCM"

Also when I log into Call Manager and go to Help -> About it says this: "Last Successful Backup: 0 day(s) ago"

All that above, is another server that has nothing to do with your problem, if that's why you say there is contradicting info, that's not the case. You're looking at the DRS status of a whole different server.

You need to actually log into your CUC server to look at the backup history and take it from there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK, exactly what product are you having the problem with?????????

You mention CUC, then you mention CUCM and IM&P, then Unity, then you go back to CUCM...

If this is really CUC, why are you bringing up CUCM and IM&P which have absolutely nothing to do with CUC DRS?????

HTH

java

I was trying to provide all the information possible to help, I apologize for the confusion.

My issue is when I log into Unity there is a banner that says "The last backup of Cisco Unity Connection failed. For more information, go to Backup > History page in the Disaster Recovery System."

My issue is how do I resolve that, even though when I check the History in DRS is says it was successful.

All that above, is another server that has nothing to do with your problem, if that's why you say there is contradicting info, that's not the case. You're looking at the DRS status of a whole different server.

You need to actually log into your CUC server to look at the backup history and take it from there.

HTH

java

Ok, I see it now. I was logging into the wrong DRS as you stated. Thanks for the quick help, the issue was we changed an IP on the SFTP server and I only updated the call manager server not the unity server. I made the change and will run a manual backup.

Thanks for the quick help.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: