cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer direct to extension without the "Wait while I transfer..."

jamesowen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new Unity install where the customer wants and Autoattendant after hours. During business hours they want the call to just ring through to the extension. They have 4 analog lines coming in to an MGCP voice gateway with FXO ports with the Attendant DN set to the receptionist extension. I have setup a schedule in Unity and have changed the attendant DN to go to Unity via a Route Point. The standard greeting is set to blank with after greeting set to transfer to subscriber (the DN of the receptionist). The closed greeting is set to give the appropriate greeting. This works mostly. The problem is that when Unity does the transfer it says "Wait while I transfer your call." So the caller hears ringback and then "Wait while I transfer your call" and then hears ringback until the receptionist answers. This sounds silly to the PSTN caller and is not an acceptable. How can I get rid of this prompt during the transfer? Or more specifically, how can I accomplish the following in the best way possible in Unity and CallManager:

During business hours the PSTN caller rings through to the receptionist. During closed hours an Autoattendant picks up the call. This should happen on a schedule without any user intervention. I'm using CallManager 4.0(1)SR2a and Unity 4.0.4. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

marfox
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get an answer or get this resolved?

Here's a thread that talks about how to properly remove the "Please hold while I transfer your call" prompt:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee8253b/1#selected_message