cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 8.5 su1 with single inbox configuration

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

When configuring the Unified Messaging Services in UC, we get the following error for each Exchange 2003 server we configure:

The system failed to connect to the server with a socket  connection through port USFRPMX008:143. The error is  error:0200206F:lib(2):func(2):reason(111). Refer to the tomcat log file  for more details. If you are using secure connection, confirm that SSL  is enabled on the server.

We are not using SSL, and the users appear to work OK.  They are not using the calendar or TTS function, just single inbox.   Before diving in to log files and opening a TAC case, I thought I would post this here for comments.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Brad Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is most likely because you've got TTS enabled on your UM service account towards the bottom.  Uncheck that if you're not using it and it'll stop performing the IMAP test and that should clear up.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thanks, that appears to be it however we offer TTS for the users on a request basis so we need to have this enabled.  If  a user requests TTS, we check their UM account to enable it, but this has to be checked to offer it on the user page.

So is it cosmetic then and can be ignored do you think?  Thanks!

Your initial post said that you weren't using TTS so I suggested removing that feature.  Is this the output from a SIB user test?  Or the actual UM service test?  Now if you're saying you are using TTS, you need to confirm if the users who have TTS enabled are working or not working to determine if this is cosmetic or not.  Otherwise, you'll want to set all Cuca micro traces and collect the Connection Tomcat logs to see if they shed any more light.  It's most likely TCP/IP connectivity to the Exchange server(s) for IMAP that's blocked/not enabled.

Brad