cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Integration for Lync - Show my video automatically is greyed out

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

In a copy of CUCILync set to use desk phone for calls, if I select Video in Options the tickbox for 'Show my video automaitcally' is greyed.  If on a call the option for 'Add video to call' is greyed out also.  However if I switch CUCILync to softphone mode, video works perfectly.  I've checked the config of the IP phone in CM and the Extension mobility Profile and can't spot anything that looks wrong for this user.  Can anybody suggest what the problem might be please?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

As an update, I have tried this with various Windows 7 PCS, both 32-bit & 64-bit and various cameras including VT Camera II & VT Camera III.  All the PCs have CUCILync v8.5 installed.  All of the Windows 7 64-bit PCs show this behaviour, no matter what camera is used.  All the Windows 7 32-bit PCs work fine.  All of the cameras work fine in Windows 7 64-bit with other application, including Lync native video calling itself.  My conclusion is that CUCILync 8.5 on Windows 7 64-bit has a problem with video.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Ah.  Found confirmation in Release Notes for 8.5.2;

Release 8.5(2)

This release provides the following new functionality and enhancements:

Added support for using video when you have Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Lync set to use your desk phone for phone calls on 64-bit editions of Windows 7.