cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UM and VM

alarics
Level 4
Level 4

One of our customers have Unity 4.0.3 running with Exch 2003 ((live msg store) off box).The um server is installed as um.They are licensed only for vm.Some users (not all) receive their messages in their outlook.How can I prevent the users from receiving voice messages in their outlook or do I need to re-install the unity server as a vm server.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

You don't need to reinstall as VM but you do need to setup a second mailbox for each user. You can hide the secondary user from the GAL to prevent others from seeing two instances of the user when they send email messages.

Thanks,

Keith

I have about 700 users.I cannot create an additional 700 users.Is there a simpler solution.

I managed to reload the server as VMO, but some people still receive notifications in their mailboxes.Is there a way of disabling notification in their mailboxes.

Unity is not sending notifications to those inboxes - Unity is using those inboxes as their native VM store - you can't "turn this off" - we don't synch from a proprietary store to Exchange - that's the difference between integrated and unified messaging. You need to create new Exchange mailboxes for those users and remove the subscriber accounts in Unity that are pointing at those corporate email accounts you don't want getting UM and reimport them using the hidden mail accounts for VM only.

Hi

The customer does not have the hardware for the additional email accounts.Is there purhaps a setting in the reg to tell it to not send the message to the mailbox.I think with UM you can specify it in the class of service.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Again, Unity is NOT storing voice mail in our own database and then "pushing" it to the email account. We are using the mailbox as the native store for messages. This is Unified messaging. As such we MUST have an Exchange or Domino mailbox assigned to the subscirber. There's no alternative to setting this up - if they don't want to use the mail account that the subscriber is using for their desktop email they will have to create a new Exchange account to have that Unity subscriber pointed to. There is simply no alternative.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: