Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1.5 Permission Wizard with E2K-sp3 postrollup

lkrol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I am setting a new Unity 3.1(5) server and was planning on utilizing the 3.1(5) permission wizard....but someone from Cisco told me to use the 4.0.3 permission wizard, because the way Unity Messaging account obtains its "send-as" permissions changed after the post-SP3 rollup....and the 4.0.3 version accomodates those changes.

The www.unitytools.com website is pretty explicit in stating that one should use the 3.1(1) through 3.1(5) permissions wizard for Unity 3.1(5), so I am not sure what to use.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_PW_403.htm

The issue is that setup checks for some specific rights in 3.1(5) that the 4.0(3) permissions wizard does not set. So for setup to complete you will need to use the Unity 3.1(1) through 3.1(5) wizard. After that you can create new accounts and run the 4.0(3) wizard against them and then update the Unity services to use the new accounts.

Thanks,

Keith

Will the 4.0(3) wizard automatically update all of the proper services in 3.1(5) or will I have to manually set some of them. The note on 4.0(3) perm. wizard says that this will have to be done manually.

Also...if this is the case...is there a document listing which services will need which account.

Thank you!

Setup is manual:

AvCsGateway (Message Store Account)

AvCsMrg (Message Store Account)

AvDirChangeWriter (Local System)

AvDSAD (Directory Account)

AvDSGlobalCatalog (Directory Account)

AvGaenSrv (Message Store Account)

AvMsgStoreMonitor (Message Store Account)

AvRepDirSvc (Local System)

AvTtsSvr (Local System)

AvUMRSyncSvr (Message Store Account)

Thanks,

Keith