Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(3) Call Transfer Problem

etayeb_dd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

System is CCM4.0(1)ES30 and Unity 4.0(3).

I have a little Problem with Call Transfer in Unity. The situation: When a subscriber is out of office, he/she changes to the alternative greeting telling the caller that He/she is out and that the call is transferred to another number.

I created a Call Handler "OutOfOffice" and configured it to route all calls to a specific directory number.

Then I modified the Alternative greeting not to take a message but to switch to "OutOfOffice"-Handler after the greeting.

When someone calls the person, the Alternative greeting plays, then the system voice tells the caller that he is being transferred. So far so good. But then the system just hangs up! The call is not transferred anywhere!! What did I miss?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's likely up stream from Unity - if it's a release transfer all we're doing is going off hook, dialing the number and hanging up. If the call is dropped, it's up stream.

You can try configuring it for supervised transfer and see what the transfer does then.

Hello,

I am relatively new to Unity. What can I do with supervised transfer? How do I supervise this?

In the subscriber, I go to "Call Transfer" and select "Yes ring subscriber's extension" and below "transfer type: supervise transfer, wait for 5 rings". But nothing changes. I can hear the music-on-hold for one second and then disconnect.

Regards.