cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.02 Media Master problem with WinXP SP1 and IE 6.0

jrezab
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to administer Unity recordings using the Media master in the web pages. When I use a windows XP workstation that has Service Pack 1 applied to it, Media master stops working. If I dont apply WinXP-SP1, it works fine. It also works fine with Windows 2000 and IE 6.x-SP1. Only the WinXP-SP1 stations are having problems. The entire Media Master control section is greyed out. Usually the first time you connect to a Unity server via the web page, you get a prompt to download the media master module into the workstation. If you are on a WinXP workstation, you dont get the prompt to download the media master module.

Any ideas on a work-around.

7 Replies 7

vharsha
Level 3
Level 3

On your XP workstation, please try to uninstall the MediaMaster control and then reload the page. Here is how you do it:

1. Close IE

2. Go to C:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files

3. Right click on AvMediaMasterCtrl Class and click Remove

4. Launch IE and browse to a page that contains the MediaMaster control. You should be prompted to install the MediaMaster control.

If that doesn't help, this may be a case of the Service Pack disabling DCOM or interfering with DCOM on the XP workstation. Please look at the following doc and let me know if you have any questions:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/tsg/tsg403/ex/tsg_1400.htm#1033664

Its the WinXP DCOM service that is producing errors in the workstation event viewer. Looks like DCOM has issues with Service Pack 1 for WinXP.

We tried reproducing the problem in our lab here, but we didn't see any problems. We have WinXP with SP1 and MediaMaster works just fine. What errors do you see in the Event Viewer? It may be a matter of just enabling DCOM on the workstation. Did you check if DCOM is enabled?

Was experiencing problem with not being able to access the mediamaster control with one WIN 2000 PRO with SVC PK 4 workstation. Some MSFT update or program must have disabled DCOM. Thanks for the fix.

I am using XP Pro sp2 and the dcom error I recieved on the workstation was

Event Type: Error

Event Source: DCOM

Event Category: None

Event ID: 10009

Date: 1/14/2005

Time: 9:49:18 AM

Description:

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer vatcvm01 using any of the configured protocols.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I went to the link and check the rpc protocals and they are all there.

when you say check to see if DCOM is enabled are you talking about a service...because the service is started on my workstation?

No, use "dcomcnfg" to check if DCOM is enabled.

BTW, are you seeing this with VMO or CPCA or SA?

I just found another source for the Media Master to be grayed out.

The standalone CSA (Cisco Security Agent) that I installed on 1/19/06 version 4.5.1 was blocking my connectivity to Unity. I didn't think that CSA would block known Cisco applications... that just doesn't seem right.

To catch and fix this culprit I had a terminal services window to Unity and my SA web page on my PC. When I refreshed the page and had it reload the Media Master, a prompt appeared on Unity's Terminal Service window. The CSA logged the following:

1/26/2006 10:05:29 AM: The process 'D:\CommServer\AvCsGateway.exe' (as user VOICE\unitymsgstoresvc) attempted to communicate with 10.4.2.34 on TCP port 49826. The user was queried and a 'No' response was received. The response was the default taken because the user was not logged in.

Then I refreshed again and caught the query from CSA and responded yes... it started to work.