cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.04, digital networking, & inter server subscriber transfers?

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer w/ two Unity 4.04 servers, one UM and one VM. Both are in the same AD domain and Exchange 2000 site. Both are integrated into the same CM cluster via Skinny. We have callhandlers on the UM server that need to be able to transfer to subscribers on the VM server. We have the two servers digitally networked in the same dialing domain.

When I search for subscribers on the VM or UM servers, I can display the subs from the other server. When I go to create a callhandler and select "Attempt Xfer to Sub", only my local subscribers show up as targets. Per the CCO documents available, shouldn't I be able to xfer to a sub on the other server? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

You can transfer to another subscriber but you aren't going to be able to set it up like that.

Basically the transfer across server lets outside callers enter an extension in the dialing domain while a greeting is playing and Unity will transfer to it, and/or you can setup a directory handler to allow name lookups to search at the dialing domain level.

What you are trying to do is search for a subscriber to link to the transfer and that won't work. What you can do is just enter the extension and that will give you the same level of functionality.

Thanks,

Keith

But it would be really convenient if the remote server subs would show up as targets under the callhandler. Maybe a thought for the next rev. As always, thanks for the prompt response.