cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Con - Ability to Xfer all [2-4]XXX from AA to CUCM?

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCM c8.X cluster that has ICTs to other CUCM 8.x cluster with 5-digit dialing between sites. I have Unity Connection 8.X in my cluster, and would like to replace a SIKOM AutoAttendant in the US which has integrations to two other SIKOMs over-seas. The integrated SIKOMs are themselves integrated with their local ADs and are aware of all the regional workers' phone numbers. This allows for someone from within the US to dial the SIKOM AutoAttendant in the US and 5-digit dial anyones extension overseas and get routed via the ICTs.

I'd like to replace our SIKOM with Unity Connection. I do not have the option of performing an PIM integration or any other Unity Connection-to-whatever integration with their AutoAttendants. But I really, really need to get rid of the US SIKOM (mostly) since it was installed in a language I do not understand. 

I'm wondering if  there is some trickery I can do on Unity Connection perhaps via Call Routing rules or something, where I can apply a route pattern such as 2XXXX and 6XXXX and people who dial into my UC AA, and enter a non-US 5-digit DN, route that call to my CUCM cluster who knows how to route those dialed calls.

I'd appreciate ANY ideas!

THANKS!

Mike.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just check this option in the call handler:

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers

Check this check box to allow callers to transfer to extensions that are not assigned to other users or call handlers. Connection attempts a release transfer as long as the number entered by the caller is allowed by the Default System Transfer restriction table.

Assuming you have the proper CSS in the VM ports and the routing in CUCM you can reach anything you want (internal or external depending on whay they enter in CUC and assuming it's properly formatted to match something in your dial plan)

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just check this option in the call handler:

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers

Check this check box to allow callers to transfer to extensions that are not assigned to other users or call handlers. Connection attempts a release transfer as long as the number entered by the caller is allowed by the Default System Transfer restriction table.

Assuming you have the proper CSS in the VM ports and the routing in CUCM you can reach anything you want (internal or external depending on whay they enter in CUC and assuming it's properly formatted to match something in your dial plan)

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Java!