cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection 7.1 notifications for users

jm9776
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of upgrading from unity 4.0.5 (connected to lotus notes) to unity connections 7.1.3. We will be using unity PCS and inbox.  We are looking to see if anyone else has used or found any cisco applications that we can install on the user's desktops to notify them of new messages (even something as simple as a pop up window). We do not want to use Imap to lotus notes client.  Also all of our user's have Blackberries or Iphones and we would like for them to receive or get notified on them of voice mails.  Currently the limitation that i am finding is the current version of callmanager we are running (4.1.3sr8).  I know cisco presence offers some of the items we are looking for but will not work with our CCM.  If anyone has run into this or had success with a cisco or third party appliction can you please share.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unity Connection has message notification options built into the application that do not require desktop plug-in install, 3rd party applications, and function independently of CUCM.  You have a variety of options which you can offer.  They ware below:

Pager

Phone (Home, Mobile, or Work)

SMTP (email notification)

These are independent of IMAP as well as PCA and Unity Inbox.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!