Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8 integrate with Exchange 2007 and Lotus Domino

jaruneesup
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert,

Can I integrate both Exchange 2007 and Lotus Domino with only one Unity Connection 8.0?

Or do I have to seperate the integration : 1 Unity connection 8.0 to Exchange 2007 and 1 Unity connection 8.0 to Lotus Domino?

If yes, do the 2 Unity connections need to be in a cluster?

Regards,

Jarunee

2 Replies 2

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Your questions produce several other clarifying questions. 

What type of integration are you after with Exchange and Lotus?  IMAP? Unified Messaging? Keep in mind, there are currently no options for unified messaging between UC and Lotus Domino.  Also, unified messaging with Exchange was introduced in version 8.5 and higher.  There are no requirements as far as splitting up connectivity from Exchange and Lotus to two different servers.

Hope that helps,

Brad

rupert.clayton
Level 1
Level 1

As Bradford notes, Cisco does not support using Lotus Domino as a message store for Unity Connection. Instead, your best integration option is likely to be using Cisco's Unified Messaging plug-in for Lotus Sametime. This allows you to display voice-mail from Unity Connection in the Lotus Notes 8.5.x sidebar (or within the standalone Sametime 8.5.x client).

For a demonstration of how this works, please see my colleague Phil Salm's blog posting here: http://bluecheeseandapples.blogspot.com/2012/04/new-cisco-plug-in-demos.html

The plug-in works with Unity Connection versions 2.1 through 8.6 (also Unity 5.0 through 8.0). The release notes are here. As the plug-in just requires IMAP access to the message store, there's no restriction on you also using other clients to display Unity Connections messages.

Rupert Clayton

CDW, San Francisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: