cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Fail back Replication Concern

s.casper_2
Level 1
Level 1

I recently inherited a Unity Connection Cluster on 7.1.3 The system is in fail over and seems to have been for quite some time. Backups had not been run for a while so I ran a backup on both the Sub and the Pub. Looking at the DRF files there is a large discrepancy between file sizes. The Sub, which is now the primary has considerably larger Message, Greetings and Database DRF files. I would think they should be similar in size due to replication. I checked the replication on both servers via the CLI and as far as I can tell it looks good. Fear is what happens when I fail back, will I lose data?

1 Reply 1

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

"failing back" essentially just turns off the MTA and Notifier service and starts it up on the "Primary" role holder.  Replication remains active througout that transition and isn't affected by this act.  The server running MTA and Notifier is responsible for message delivery and notifications (MWI, etc.)

Here are a couple commands for UC and the platform side that can verify replication on each server:

show cuc cluster status

utils dbreplication status

Hope that helps,

Brad