cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Issue

ilang
Level 1
Level 1

I have just setup my first Unity Connection system, integrating with CME 4.0.1.

Everything seemed to go well and I have imported all my users with the appropriate CSV file.

I am able to log into the account and record name, greeting, and change password. When I attempt to leave a message it appears that everything occurs properly. However, the MWI lights don't come on and when I check the VM box no messages are contained. I feel that I am missing something fairly obvious such as initialization of the message store or something.

Anybody have a clue?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any errors show up in the application event log in Windows? No need to initalize the message store or the like...

Jeff,

No errors. It acts much like when the exchange message store are offline. Doesn't make sense to me!

Well, if the message store (in SQL for Connection) was somehow unavailable (which I don't think is even possible) then there'd be errors all over the event log - my best guess is the messages you are leaving are being sent to another box - but that's just a wild guess. Really hard to blindly speculate without much info to go on - if you haven't already you should open a case with TAC - they can probably look at the messages in the SQL db and see if/where new ones are coming in when you leave a test message and go from there.

Jeff,

I looked at the event viewer this morning and found some informational events that may help me on the way.

Event Type: Information

Event Source: CiscoUnity_TSP

Event Category: None

Event ID: 128

Date: 5/23/2006

Time: 11:30:23 AM

User: N/A

Computer: NG-UNITYCON

Description:

Cisco Unity-CM TSP device 12 (Cisco Unity port CCM-1-8): An attempt to turn OFF the message waiting indicator (MWI) for extension 5055 failed because a collision occurred with an incoming call on the same port.

The MWI request will be retried. But to prevent collisions, we recommend that ports setting MWIs be isolated from ports handling incoming calls. If the MWI status remains unchanged for an extended period of time or if there are many of these warnings from Cisco Unity in a short period of time, there may be an MWI misconfiguration or another problem.

For more information, refer to the "Message Waiting Indicators" chapter in the Cisco Unity Troubleshooting Guide.

Any thoughts?

BTW, I have set port 8 to only do MWI activity.

Thanks.

One other thing. Does UC 1.1.1 support CME 4.0(1)?