cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity cross-box transfer

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

This is a large VM only install with Unity 4.2. I have 2 servers on the same Exchange/AD storage. I want to transfer to any subscriber from AA on one of the servers. I have tested cross-box login and it will attempt to log into a subscriber on the other server. If I test a transfer to the same subscriber I get "I did not recognise this as a valid extension...) prompt.

The servers are in the same dialing domain, have dial prefixes 001,002 respectively and I have no problem with addressing, name directory etc between machines.

Any reason the box refuses to transfer since it does see it as a valid subscriber on the other machine?

thanks,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Sounds like you ran into CSCsh39245, which was unfortunately introduced in 4.2. In 4.2, when you set a subscriber's call transfer setting in the SA to "Yes, ring extension for" an "X" is stored in the XferString column in the Subscriber and GlobalSubscriber SQL tables. In order to do Cross-Server transfers, there actually needs to be a number in the XferString column.

Although the release note for the defect says there isn't a workaround, I think that if you go into the SA to the subscribers > Call Transfer page and change the "Transfer incoming calls to a phone" setting to "Yes, ring this extension" and enter the extension, the cross-server transfer will work. I have not tested this, so try it out on a couple of subscribers to see if that gets cross-server transfers working for those subscribers.

If that works, you can use Unity Bulk Import to change this setting for all your subscribers. Prepare a CSV file with the column headers ALIAS and TRANSFER_STRING. In each row, enter the subscriber's alias and extension separated by a comma. I haven't tested this either, so please do a DiRT backup first. Then try it out on a few subscribers to make sure it works OK.

There has been a request to do an engineering special (ES) to fix this defect in 4.2. But at this time, I have no idea if or when the ES will be built.

Nancy

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Sounds like you ran into CSCsh39245, which was unfortunately introduced in 4.2. In 4.2, when you set a subscriber's call transfer setting in the SA to "Yes, ring extension for" an "X" is stored in the XferString column in the Subscriber and GlobalSubscriber SQL tables. In order to do Cross-Server transfers, there actually needs to be a number in the XferString column.

Although the release note for the defect says there isn't a workaround, I think that if you go into the SA to the subscribers > Call Transfer page and change the "Transfer incoming calls to a phone" setting to "Yes, ring this extension" and enter the extension, the cross-server transfer will work. I have not tested this, so try it out on a couple of subscribers to see if that gets cross-server transfers working for those subscribers.

If that works, you can use Unity Bulk Import to change this setting for all your subscribers. Prepare a CSV file with the column headers ALIAS and TRANSFER_STRING. In each row, enter the subscriber's alias and extension separated by a comma. I haven't tested this either, so please do a DiRT backup first. Then try it out on a few subscribers to make sure it works OK.

There has been a request to do an engineering special (ES) to fix this defect in 4.2. But at this time, I have no idea if or when the ES will be built.

Nancy

Hi,

Here's an update on CSCsh39245. I just saw that an Engineering Special with a fix for this and a couple of other cross-server defects is in the works. I don't know exactly how long it will take to build the ES and test it. But unless a problem is found with the ES, shouldn't be too much longer. I'll keep an eye out for it and post a reply here when the ES is available.

Nancy

Thanks for the update.

There is also a descrepancy in the transfer prompt. With the transfer prompt switched on, it only plays when you select "transfer control to the remote Unity" . If you select "release to switch" it just does a transfer with no announcement.

I hope this is being fixed also.

Regards,

Scott