Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY DOWN, NEED HELP

Our Unity server succumbed to worm - after dealing with TAC for some time, they recommended a complete rebuild. Our rebuild is currently not functioning - here's the scenario and symptoms:

Unity 3.1(5) standard install, using SQL (not MSDN)

Unified/Off-box Exchange 2k

Unity starts, subscriber accounts exist, greetings still exist, subscriber greetings play and messages are taken if you call a phone.

Firstly, We didn't restore any database yet - I thought a re-import of accounts from Exchange would be necessary, and no greetings would have been maintained. In the past only subscriber messages were stored on Exchange, not the database or greetings. Odd - but I'm sure this must have been a change somewhere after 2.46(161).

Here's what doesn't work:

From Unity Administrator, you may browse accounts, though opening any detail pages results in an HTTP500.100 - Internal Services Error - ASP Error (ASP error 0115 - a trappable error occured in external object, the script cannot continue).

If you press the messages button from a subscribers IP phone, you get the Opening Greeting.

If you attempt to login to Unity (pressing * at the Opening Greeting), you are prompted for you ID, but after the ID is entered you hear "sorry the system is temporarily unable to handle your request" (or something to that effect).

Lastly, I *CAN* retrieve a voicemail message from my Outlook client, so I know the messages are properly routed to my voicemail box.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. TAC has currently been unable to resolve the issue.

3 Replies 3

Do you have any errors in the Application event log?

Yes - quite a few. Here's the first few in order:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MSMQ

Event Category: Kernel

Event ID: 2121

Date: 4/23/2004

Time: 11:28:21 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Unable to complete Message Queuing Setup. Hresult- c00e0075h

Event Source: MSMQ

Event Category: Kernel

Event ID: 2124

Time: 11:28:21 AM

Description:

Message Queuing was unable to join the local Windows 2000 domain. Hresult- c00e0075h

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: AvMiu_MC

Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 754

Time: 11:28:57 AM

Description:

Extension Mapping: couldn't find any extension mapping files (.exm) in D:\CommServer\IntLib\ExtensionMapping\Calling\.

Event Source: AvCs_MC

Event Category: None

Event ID: 100

Time: 11:29:52 AM

Description:

Exception occurred and handled in File: e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_SA1\SA\avsadbconn\AvSaDbSession.cpp at Line: 1990 - Error: 80004005H Call stack:

0x5DC6F4ED avsadbconn.dll: DllUnregisterServer + 511203 bytes

0xFEDCBA98 : :

0x89ABCDEF : :

0x77D3A061 RPCRT4.DLL: UuidCreate + 965 bytes

Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10002

Time: 11:30:08 AM

Description:

IAvDohSystemConfiguration::get_CurrentLocation) returned [0x8004010f] on line 5760 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp

Running conversation PHGreeting on Port 1

After further discussion with TAC, we're going for another rebuild...