cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express script check boxes are all grayed out

bphelps
Level 2
Level 2

Unity Express script check boxes are all grayed out. Every time I upload a script it then is grayed out. When I try to implement a new script as an auto attendant it won't display the parameters, and calls to the script fail. "sh ccn app" displays and ID of zero for all apps. Is that normal?

CUE 2.1.3. CUE editor 2.1.3.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. You likely have a corrupted script on the system (due to CSCsd03555). If you can upgrade to 2.3.1 (or the lastest 2.3 version), it'll take care of it. Otherwise it's pretty complicated and would require opening a TAC case and making a backup of the system available to us.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. You likely have a corrupted script on the system (due to CSCsd03555). If you can upgrade to 2.3.1 (or the lastest 2.3 version), it'll take care of it. Otherwise it's pretty complicated and would require opening a TAC case and making a backup of the system available to us.

In other news... Trying to get 2.3.2 on there. I've done CUE upgrades a bunch of times but I'm having problems here.

I get as as far the bootloader asking for the package/ftp url etc. At that point it fails with error 0, cannot contact ftp server. When the bootloader loads through TFTP it works fine. I've triple checked the IP info and it is good, exactly the same as in our lab CCME.

There is no firewall between, I can telnet to the FTP port on the FTP server from the CCME router.

Any ideas?

Just as an aside, you shouldn't need a TFTP server at all if you're just installing new software and the system is currently up. See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008064172a.shtml

which describes the "clean" method using the online installer.

Other than that, can you--on the TFTP server--tell if the CUE is ever hitting it when you try downloading the package? If not, it might just be connectivity; i.e. can you verify the CUE ip address (when in the boot loader), default gateway, and tftp server. Make sure you can ping the CUE from the TFTP server when its in that mode.

It is wierd. I boot from the tftp server using the "boot helper" command, and yes I see the TFTP server uploading the content. Once the module is up I can ping it's IP from the tftp/ftp server (same Windows machine). I can telnet on the ftp port to the FTP server from the CCME/CUE router, which I can see happening in the FTP log. But when I try to download the cue 2.3.2 package the FTP server never gets any requests in it's log.

I tried doing an online upgrade and the same thing: can't FTP files to the CUE (the FTP server never even sees an attempted connection). Can ping the CUE module from the FTP server, can ping the FTP server from the CUE command line. Can FTP to the server from the router. Can't do it from the CUE. Is there another way to upgrade besides FTP? CUE is on a network module.

So, to resurrect this dead horse:

I tried doing the "software download" method and it doesn't work either. I tried configuring the url/pkg first using the "software download server" command in config mode and then using "software download upgrade pkg". I also tried the "sofware download upgrade url" command where you specify the url on the fly. Both methods failed. I also tried the "clean" variation of the aformentioned commands.

All of these command's ftp requests never even reach the FTP server (Filezilla). Yet I can ftp to that server from the cli of the router, and I can ping it from the cli of cue.

Any thoughts? Any thoughts at all?

Do you have a capture of the session showing what you typed and what the CUE returned back? It sounds like you're doing everything right, but something just isn't working right for some reason I have no explanation for right now. Maybe along with a "show software version" and "show software download server"?