cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Failover config wizard secondary server not complete

clark.nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

When i run the failover config wizard on the secondary server i get this message:

"The SQL snapshot agent failed to complete in a reasonable amount of time. As a result, Cisco Unity Failover will not work properly. Disable all Cisco Unity replication using the SQL Enterprise Manager and run this wizard again"

I have seen the same issue in this forum and have followed this advice: http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.eea53c2

I've added the domain suffixes, added lmhost and host files. I am also able to add the UnityA and/or B to sql instance in Enterprise Manager. I've verified that both servers show up in the customer's DNS.

Also, the unity application on the secondary server will not start.

please advise.

6 Replies 6

clark.nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Here is more information on the system: Unity 4.0.3

I am having the same exact problem on Unity 4.0.4 boxes, running Win2k. I re-registered SQL on both servers, rebooted, and re-ran FOW on the secondary, but it gave me the same error. Please let me know how you made out.

FYI...

My Unity database probably shows some record of an old failover configuration from when the server used to be a 3.1.4 server. I powered down the secondary permanently, and I upgraded the primary ONLY to 3.1.5, then to 3.1.6. Then I did a DIRT, rebuilt the server, and restored the data. Then did an upgrade to 4.0.4 SR1 ES44. I backed up using DIRT again, rebuilt the server again, and restored again. Everything is working fine on the primary. Now I have rebuilt the old secondary server directly to 4.0.4 SR1 ES44, and have tried running the FOW. A screenshot of my error is in the previous post.

Check out bug ID CSCef60341 using the bug toolkit.

Symptom:

When running the Unity Failover Configuration Wizard, the following error

may be seen "SQL Snapshot agent failed to complete" referring to a timeout.

Conditions:

Unity 4.0(x) versions with Failover. The SQL enterprise manager may display

replication errors like ""The process could not bulk copy out of table

'[dbo].syncobj_xxx]" and "Details: Invalid time format (Source:

ODBC SQL Server Driver (ODBC);Error number: 0

The Configuration table may contain negative values for entries in the

LastModifiedTime column.

Workaround:

Update the Configuration table with the following case-sensitive sql statement (from a command

line):

osql -E -d UnityDb -Q "update Configuration set LastModifiedTime=NULL"

Re-run the Failover Configuration Wizard.

Many thanks to Tommy Ngo at Cisco TAC for the help on this one!!!

did you run this

osql -E -d UnityDb -Q "update Configuration set LastModifiedTime=NULL"

on the secondary box and just rerun the wizard on the secondary?