cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Migration options

KEVIN STEWART
Level 1
Level 1

I have a unique migration issue where we are moving a unity system from one 4.03 system to a new 4.05 syste. The issue is that I can't use the Dirt tool for a number of reasons. the user alias is changing , and I actually have two unity systems to combine into one larger one.

Is there any tool that can export call handlers and users with their prompts and import them into a new unity system? something like the dbexport/import but for 4.x ?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, the full DBImport/Export could not do a "merge" type migration (i.e. multiple systems onto one box) either.

And no, there is no equivalent tool - DiRT is the only migration tool available.

You can get some subscriber information includng voice names and greetings but you'll have to import some of that by hand. You can check out the Subscriber Information Dump tool for high level user info and the CUBI (Bulk Import) tool for what you can migrate this way but there's no tool for call handler, COS, interview handler etc... migration using CSV type transport like this.

I am assuming that I can't restore from two different systems using the Dirt tool either?

No - it completely replaces the local standing DB so any information in there gets wiped out and replaced with the restored DB. A merge capability is blindingly complex - it would be a rather huge amount of work and a nightmare to maintain over versions.

I think you're best option is to DiRT the biggest of the two systems and use CSV to get top level subscriber data off the smaller of the two and import it via CUBI.