Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - moved mailbox to new storage group, not available

jblalock1337
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Unity 4.0(4) UM with an offbox Exchange 2003 message store. During the initial installation, only the first storage group on the mail server was present, and all users' mailboxes were homed there.

Recently, a new storage group was created on the mail server and a mailbox was moved from the first storage group to this new storage group. The subscriber is still able to recieve voicemails via his email, however his MWI does not light. When he attempts to login to retrieve messages over his phone, Unity says "your messages are not available right now"

I am able to create and/or import users that are homed in this new storage group, however i encounter the same symptoms. Is it neccessary to rerun the message store configuration wizard?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you run permission wizard against the new mailbox store?

The other thing to do is to restart the AvMsgStoreMonitor service; but wait till after hours. A reboot will do the same thing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you run permission wizard against the new mailbox store?

The other thing to do is to restart the AvMsgStoreMonitor service; but wait till after hours. A reboot will do the same thing.

Thanks for your response, that did the trick! I ran the permissions wizard again and added the new storage groups. It makes sense...I'd better start studying the basics of Unity again.

Thanks again!