Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Newbie

andrewleki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just installed unity 4.0.4 with exchange.

Now I want to use some call handlers, I create a CTI Route Point wich I give DN = 2300, then I create a new call handler and in the Extension (optional) tab is type "2300" I also add myself as subsriber "Owner Type"

The CTI Route Point stays on status "Not Found" - Is this possible.

But when I dial 2300, I'am hearing my voice mail box where I can leave a message.

am I missing something here??

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do here - if you forward a call from 2300 into Unity, it will search for a call handler or a subscriber that owns the extension 2300 - if it finds one it will forward to the greeting for that handler/subscriber.

If that's not what's happening, the first thing to check is to see what extension Unity is being forwarded. You can check this with the "call viewer" application which you'll find in the Tools Depot on your Unity desktop.

If that is what's happening but you want something else to be happening, let us know.

You may also want to review the "Audiotext Applications in Unity" paper on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com - it covers in some detail how call handlers work and how calls flow through objects in Unity which may be helpful to you.

I'am allready reading the document.

But what I want to achieve is to have a call handler that runs down a group of DN (subscribers) and when the last member don't answer the caller need to hear a Voice Mail.

Can this be done with Unity ?

Regards,

If you are running CallManager I would setup hunting on the individual phones with the last one going to the call handler. Put the extension of the handler in the forward no answer box of the last extension in the hunt sequence.

Ok, so I create a hunt group and as last I put in the Call Handler.

Let say I want to have the call handler DN= 2345

What should I do on the CM and on the Unity server to get this config to work?

greetings,

andrewleki
Level 1
Level 1

If you create a CTI Route Point for interaction with unity, what should the status of this CTI RP be?