Views
Helpful
Replies

UM delay when retreiving VM from phone

m.hedberg
Level 1
Level 1

Unity UM 4.0.4 Windows\Exchange 2003 environment

When a user calls in for voicemail after they authenticate and select to play new messages it takes between 15 and 40 seconds for the voicemail to be played. This is for each message. No event log errors on unity. No errors or failures when running netdiag on unity, exchange or the DC's or dcdiag. Clients mailboxes on exchange are all less than 100mb. This happens for all users for all messages. No access issues when accessing email or voicemail from within outlook. DNS is all set up and I have verified correct resolution. This happens from an ip phone on site or from an external phone calling in thur gateways.

any ideas?

6 Replies 6

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

thank you for your reply. I have confirmed all of the items in this document and none seem to allpy

latency,speed/duplex/ mbxsuite etc.. are all good.

Any other suggestions?

Even worse is now when I open up SAWEB I cannot add users. The add icon is greyed out and says

"the domain controller domain.com is down or cannot be contacted. Add is temporarily not allowed. "

It does'nt even say the name of the DC it says "the domain controller" but only lists domain.com not dc.domain.com

both DC's are GC's and are up adn operational. Via the DCGC reconnect tools all tests to the gc's/dc's are successful. syscheck reports no errors. mbxsuite and mbxtest are fine

event log errors ATTACHED

And I am missing the following registry keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Active Voice > DirectoryConnectors > DirSynchAD > 1.00 > Domains > {domain} > DefaultDomainController

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Active Voice > DirectoryConnectors > DirSynchGlobalCatalog > 1.00 > Directory > DefaultGlobalCatalogServer

I can now add users again as it seems DSAD and DSGC were able to synchronize. The DirectSynchAD key appeared for a little while ( I am not making this up or hallucinating) in regedit and then disappeared again. It had nothing under it though. Very weird. During what process do these keys get created? And, How can I ensure that they get created. very weird.

In Unity 4.0(4), it's not set in registry. You would use DC/GC reconnect tool.