cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity UM to Unity CN 8.5

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a migration path to go from Unified Messaging with Unity to Unity Connections 8.5 with single inbox with exchange?

I'm assuming we can use Cobra to move over mailboxes and auto attendants, but they have to be linked back to LDAP and the user's exchange mailbox somehow.  Is this a manual process?   Can it even be done?

3 Replies 3

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Just thought I'd post these Unity to Unity Connection guides incase you haven't seen them yet:

Migrating from Cisco Unity to Cisco Unity Connection 8.x by Gradually Moving Data
Migrating from Cisco Unity 4.x or Later to Cisco Unity Connection 8.x by Using a Flash Cutover

I had not seen these documents yet...they seem to be exactly what I need.   Looks like i have some reading to do tonight.  Thanks!

Great, glad to hear it.

Here's another doc that may be useful as well.  It's from the Unity Connection design guide and gives a little more theory and detail on migrating from Unity to Unity Connection in different environmens (VPIM, etc):

Migrating from Cisco Unity to Cisco Unity Connection 8.x:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/design/guide/8xcucdg037.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: