Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Upgrade and CM Integration

Joe Botti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm going to be upgrading our Unity box from 4.0.5 to 7.0.2 using cobras. I'm building a new server and will be shutting down the old and giving the new box the same IP and name. From the CM end of things (4.1.3) is there anything that needs to change for it? I've been doing research but haven't seen any changes i need to make and wanted to see what people have run into when doing this.

This is a first time for me so i'm trying to be thorough with documentation but i realize the documentation can't account for everything you will run into.

Thanks in advance for any advice..

Joe

1 Reply 1

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

As you will be building a new server with the same configuration as the old one, once you shut down the old unity and put the new one in production you should be good to go. I checked the SCCP compatibility matrix and Unity 7.0 is compatible with CUCM 4.1.3.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cutspmtx.html

However, you might want to double check the integration and see that the ports register properly and that you are able to dial MWI numbers, and so on, but in theory there should be no issues as CUCM will see the new Unity as another endpoint and you will only swap it.

Regards,

Tere Stevens
-----
Cisco Systems
Unified Communications PDI Team
www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)