cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity with unifed messaging and vm only boxes

tony_paparazzo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 4.03 that we are installing in a unified messaging role..Off box exchange2003 store...The user has decided about only half of his exchange users are going to be unified and the rest are going to be vm only....I am trying to figure out the best thing to do here...Obviously to be voicemail only user..i cant use their existing email box so a new one would have to be created...But the customers concerned that on all his ldap queries etc that hes going to have all these duplicate users..I could create like an account like firstname:extension lastname:VMOnly...but what does tha tdo to me in Unity when iwant to search by last name or something....DO you know the best way to go about this?

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

It's hard to say without seeing the queries but you could put the VM accounts in a different OU and deny read access to the account the LDAP query is running as. The query can't return what the user it is running as can't see. Just an idea...

Keith

thats along the lines i was thinking..I was thinking about creating a ou or sub under the current ou that unity and the ad plugin point to...Creating a vmonly user sub and then making all my vmail user under it..Then importing them to unity..FInally denying read access to the user that i used to install ad plugin with..this would prevent all the users showing up in the corporate directory on the phone.

Think it could work?

You might have to fiddle with it a bit but permissions is definitely the way I would try to do this.

Let us know how it works out...

Keith

tony_paparazzo
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the help...That was it.. I installed the ad plugin on the callmanager into a ou called User Computers Group(that where al the ad user are)...I created a cn in the ou called vmonly and denied the account that I used to install the ad plugin read access to that cn..Now i can import either exchange users or users in the vmonly cn and not havet to worry about the duplicate entries in cm

Thanks again

Very cool. Thanks for getting back to us.

Take care!

Keith