cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 4.04 to 4.05

lyle.langston
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity server at 4.0(4) that I am going to upgrade to 4.0(5). It is running with Unified Messaging, so I do not need to save off any accounts or anything; but I had wondered if anyone had heard of any problems with this upgrade, if it is recommended, or if this is as straightforward as what I have read. It seems pretty general, and the main reason we are doing this is because there have been some port errors that have been looked at, and are claimed to be fixed with 4.0(5). I just was testing the waters since we will do this over the holidays. If you have any knowledge on this or can point me to something, I'd apprecaite it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you upgrade, make sure:

- do dirt backup

- pull a drive just in case something goes wrong

- after upgrade, check for Service packs, or engineering release

- while you are upgrading, might as well upgrade to the newest TSP software 8.1.3 I think it is now at.

The upgrade is fairly simple. Just follow the instructions, and go slow. Your VM will be down you upgrade, even if you have failover configured. But it's pretty painless for this version.

Estimated time, all depends on the size of your SQL database. Maybe an hour with the reboots?

cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you upgrade, make sure:

- do dirt backup

- pull a drive just in case something goes wrong

- after upgrade, check for Service packs, or engineering release

- while you are upgrading, might as well upgrade to the newest TSP software 8.1.3 I think it is now at.

The upgrade is fairly simple. Just follow the instructions, and go slow. Your VM will be down you upgrade, even if you have failover configured. But it's pretty painless for this version.

Estimated time, all depends on the size of your SQL database. Maybe an hour with the reboots?

cheers

Thanks. I had not thought about the TSP upgrade or the drive pull; I appreciate the advice on this one.