Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from Unity 7 to Unity 8 and now web interface is showing labels

mike083108
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I just upgraded one of my servers from unity 7 to unity 8.  So far it looks like everything went as planned, however, the web admin page is showing labels for all of the text.  Check out the attached image to see exactly what I am talking about.

How can i fix this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What media did you use for Unity 8.x?  Shipped media or downloaded from cisco.com?  There was this nasty defect that caused a lot of side effects (one of this was this label issue) for the initial shipped 8.x media: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCth77070

Have you tried running MSCW with success since doing the upgrade?  If you run into the error noted in the defect, you'll know you're hitting it.

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What media did you use for Unity 8.x?  Shipped media or downloaded from cisco.com?  There was this nasty defect that caused a lot of side effects (one of this was this label issue) for the initial shipped 8.x media: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCth77070

Have you tried running MSCW with success since doing the upgrade?  If you run into the error noted in the defect, you'll know you're hitting it.

Hope that helps,

Brad

I definitely hit the issue with the MSCW.  I successfully passed it thanks to one of your responses to another

member on the forum.  I was hoping I would not have to reinstall but I have a feeling you will confirm that I should reinstall with downloaded media.  Correct?

I'm afraid so... otherwise you could be chasing numerous symptoms down the road that could cause a larger headache..

Brad

Ok will do.  Thanks for the quick response!

It's funny because I normally do all of my upgrades with downloaded media.  This is the first time I used shipped media.... and now my last!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: