cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to exchange 2003 w unity 4.0.3

rmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running unity 4.0.3 with failover with exchange 2000 and are planning to upgrade to exchange 2003. In reading the documentation from cisco, It tells us to reconfigure unity after the upgrade to 2003 is complete. - Our curernt plan was to upgrade the exchange 2003 system management tools on the unity serves prior to upgrading the exchange server, Will this work or Do we upgrade the exchange server first and immediately after the upgrade to 2003 upgrade the unity servers?

I was also under the impression that service pack 1 is not compatible with unity and once again the documentation states to install the sp1 prior to upgrading the management tools on unity?

thanks

1 Reply 1

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Upgrade to Exchange 2003, then upgrade the management tools on Unity servers (I kinda remember that you won't be able to complete the Management upgrade as there is not Exch 2003 in the AD). In general, I'd prefer to uninstall the older software then install the upgraded Exch 2003 tools.

2) Exch 2003 Sp1 was not compatible at one point, but it is now if you run the latest permission wizard. See "Field Notice: Unity 4.0(4) Does Not Support Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP 1" http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_field_notice09186a008024d72f.shtml