cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using VM in Outlook, It asks for a Login

idupreez_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site running Unity 4.0(3) on Win 2000 Server in a 2003 Domain. I installed ViewMail 4.0.3b on the Win XP Clients. Whenever I try to record a new voice message in Outlook using the Multimedia buttons, it asks me for a Username-Password-Domain Login. It won't accept any input I give, or go any further then this. So the clients can't compose new voice messages in Outlook. Do you know how I can fix this?

Thanks

Ian

6 Replies 6

mengli123
Level 1
Level 1

Try these two things:

1. put in the ext number and unity server name or IP address. multimedia -> options menu(under subject line) -> option

2. is user's VM account different from email account? I had to config POP3 for this setup.

Good luck.

Make sure that "Enable Distributed COM on this computer" is checked in the Component services of the Unity server.

idupreez_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

This is what I've found.

The client has 2 domains, one is corporate where all the servers sit, including Unity and Exchange server.

In this Domain the user accounts are disabled. The Users log on to the second domain. The two Domains has a trust set up between them.

Running set -l I can see from the users pc'c they log on to the one domain, and from the Unity and Exchange server that they log on to the other Domain.

The users recieve voicemail on their phones and in their Inbox, but VMO asks for a Login when they whant to use if.

Do you know off a way to make this work, and have VMO not asking for Logins?

Many thanks

Ian

I'm seeing a similar problem when accessing messages through VMO in a shared mailbox (i.e. the mailbox is not the same as the logged on user), but the user has MAPI permission to the group mailbox and can open the mailbox within Outlook. The logon details when entered allow access to the messages, but the logon credentials are not preserved across a reboot of the client PC.

I've used the grantunityaccess utility to associate a second AD account with a subscriber in Unity. This has eliminated the Viewmail logon message. This should work for you across trusted domains, but depending on how many users are involved, it might be a bit of work.

Thanks for the help.

I will try it.

Can you please tell me where I coud find the Grantunityaccess util?

Can you please give me more detail as to how you set up the accounts.

Am I correct in saying, each Unity subscriber then has 2 AD accounts?

I have about 40 users, so I don't think it would be to much effort.

Thanks again for the help

Regards