Views
Helpful
Replies

Uty 4.0.2-How many install CDs?

neil.moore
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks.

Just a quick one. Does 4.0.2 only have the 2 install CDs (1 & 2!) or are there other CDs that have the language files on aswell? 2 CDs doesn't seem alot.

The reason I ask is that I'm downloading the 2 CDs from the Unity Archive & don't wanna get part-way through a Unity install & find I'm missing some CDs.

If more CDs are needed, where can I download them from.

Thanks for your hints/tips in advance,

NJ.

3 Replies 3

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are more than two cds; the other CDs are for languages. You will also need U402 SP Cd1 (sp cd2 & 3 contains Exchange and windows service packs).

They are not available from the archive; I think your cisco SE might be able to help you as they usually have a copy.

Are you doing a DiRT Restore? If you are doing a new install, use Unity 4.0(5) which CDs are available for download. Your license for Unity 4.x can be used for U405.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm in the UK & yep, I'm trying to do a restore to a new server onto 4.0.2. Prob no-one has the 4.0.2 CDs. I also need Install CD3 for ENU uk english support.

I have just installed 4.0.2 with just US using CD1&2, but the DiRT restore is not now working (I think because it was installed with US & UK English & I've only restored with US). Help! We now have no VM.

Can I do a DiRT restore from 4.0.2 straight to a clean 4.0.5 install (maybe a dirty restore?) I thought it has to be exactly the same version, but I don't know how I'm going to get 4.0.2 installed now with US & UK.

The 4.0.2 clean install tested ok prior to the restore. If I go into Add\rem progs\MsgStrwizard it errors about localisation & the msgstoresvc won't start.

What are my options.

Thanks,

NJ.

Yes, you have to restore to a 4.0.2 box - there were numberous file, registry and DB changes between 4.0.2 and 4.0.5 that will cause you grief.

Restoring a UK english system to a US english system should work with limits - since veryone is set for UK english you need to make sure you either change all references to US english or get hold of the UK language and install it.

The language issue should not cause any problems with startup, the conversation may bark since it's not finding the prompt sets it wants to. You'd have to provide a bit more detail on what's not working after you restore.

But the right way to go about this is to get hold of the full 4.0(2) CD set - these are not archived on line anywhere I don't think.