cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail for outlook, on office 2010 Freezes and becomes unresponsive

scottl1216
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that is running outlook 2010 on a 64bit windows 7 machine. We have the Japanese language pack installed for him to use. When the Viewmail add-in is enabled on his machine, Outlook freezes and becomes mostly unresponsive. as an example, if one were to click on a drop down menu, it would take 20 to 30 seconds to open up. Then the menu would be available, but to select a command, it would take several seconds to click on a choice, then several for the command to actually execute.

When the add-in is disabled, everything works as expected.

This is a new windows machine for him as we are rolling out 7 now to our users and he has had this problem almost from the beginning. We had 8.6.4.7 installed in the 7 image, and once I was able to determine this was the actual cause of Outlooks really poor performance(did this by opening outlook in safe mode, disabling all of the add ins, then enable them one at a time until I saw it freeze when Viewmail was enabled, be it by itself or with any combination of other add-ins), I uninstalled it, reinstalled it. Repaired it. Repaired the Office installation all ended with no change.

Then I upgraded him this morning to 9.0.2.1 because some of the information I found on similar issues reported that it corrected this problem, but alas, no luck. Outlook still freezes and is pretty much useless for him if the Viewmail add-in is enabled.

The only difference I have found is that we have him set up with the Japanese language pack so he can work in his native language. At this time we also have 2 other users that have similar setups and so far they have reported no problems.

His previous XP machine, was a 32 bit, office 2003 setup, with the Japanese language pack also installed and everything played well together then.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

0 Replies 0