cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing passwords for meetingplace 6

djmitchell2
Level 1
Level 1

I have meetingplace 6 with integrated video I need to change the passwords. I am having trouble trying to figure out how to change the password on the video admin server http:\\localhost:8080\va or va-config and admin. . Essentially I need to change all passwords on the systems I'm not exactly sure on the dependencies or how to change them either has anyone done this before.

Video Admin Website /va and /va-config  /admin

1 Reply 1

anmarti2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

To change the password for Video Administration for MeetingPlace, browse to the URL, http://video_admin_server:8080/, using Internet Explorer, login as an administrator (default is "admin"), then under "Admin" on the top left, click on "User Management". Then click on the user you wish you reset the password for, then click the "Modify Password" button.

If you do not see the "User Management" option, remote into the Video Administration server and go to Start, Program Files, Cisco Video Admin, Launch Video Admin Configuration Tool. When the window opens, click on the UI Settings tab, and check "Display User Management". Then click Save. Browse to the URL, login again and you should see the option now.

Note, this will break video integration with MeetingPlace until you perform the following:

Very importantly when you change the password of the Video Administration admin user account you will need to change this same password in the MeetingPlace Video Integration. Remote into all the MeetingPlace Web servers where MeetingPlace Video Integration is installed (different server from Video Administration). Then double click on the orange door icon in the task bar on the bottom right. Click on the "Video" tab. Here you should see "Video Administration User Account" and "Video Administration User Password". If you changed the password of this user in Video Administration, retype that same password in to the configuration here. Click OK. Then you will need to restart all the MeetingPlace Web services. Go to Services and then restart the "Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing service. This will automatically stop and start all Web services including the Cisco MeetingPlace Video Service.

Regards,

Andrew