Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection User Data Dump error - "Error in from load routine"

tommydubs
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

I'm attempting to use the Subscriber Informaiton Dump application to connect to Unity Connection and export some data, however I'm unable to run the application.  As soon as I attempt to run it, I receive the error "Error in from load routine.  Description=ActiveX Component cant create object". 

The site where I pulled the CUDD Tool from (http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/UserDataDump/UserDataDump.html) mentions installing IBM's Informix ODBC drivers to run the app, which I have also done but I still receive this error.

I tried this on 2 different machines, Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 7 32bit both with the same errors. Has anyone experienced this and have any suggestions for a resloution?

Thanks!

T

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Something doesn't quite smell right here - ActiveX is a strange error to be getting - sounds a bit like you've downloaded the Unity version not the Unity Connection version.

What version does the setup.exe indicate (i.e. right click on it and look at the details)?  It should indicate 8.0.33.  You can do the same thing on the installed EXE in the program files path as well - it should say the same thing.

I just downloaded the setup right off the web page on by x64 windows 7 and XP images that are clean (only the Informix drivers installed) - both ran fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Something doesn't quite smell right here - ActiveX is a strange error to be getting - sounds a bit like you've downloaded the Unity version not the Unity Connection version.

What version does the setup.exe indicate (i.e. right click on it and look at the details)?  It should indicate 8.0.33.  You can do the same thing on the installed EXE in the program files path as well - it should say the same thing.

I just downloaded the setup right off the web page on by x64 windows 7 and XP images that are clean (only the Informix drivers installed) - both ran fine.

Hey Lindborg,

It's working now...  I dont know what I was doing yesterday - it's probably just easier to say I'm a moron! :-) (to be kind to myself, It was a long day, and equally a long night)

I think the link I originally downloaded from last night was different from the one I posted above.  I re-downloaded the app from there (the one above in my post), re-ran the installation and everything worked fine.  I noticed the install was different too, so I definately had the wrong program downloaded.

Thanks for the quick response.  You're a legend Mr. Lindborg, as someone on another board that I originally posted on directed me to this thread and said "Hopefully Mr.Lindborg may be checking, as the awesome engineer of these tools"!

Thanks Again!

T

cool - yeah, any time you see "ActiveX" that usually points to an older VB application (i.e. 9 years +) that used COM controls on box with Unity on a Windows platform (*shudders* remembering dealing with the DOH COM interfaces).  All Connection tools with just a couple exceptions are in C# using .NET, no ActiveX involved.  I was a little worried for a minute, but good to hear it worked out ok.