Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder User Licenses

David Krauss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just want to confirm CER licensing model. It is user based but in the ordering guide it says "One Cisco Emergency Responder user license corresponds to one device"

CUWL users can have multiple devices and there are public space IP phones and FXS ports which may be capable of dialing 911.

So if I have 200 CUWL users (200 employees) but have 400 devices in the facility which those 200 people could access and dial 911 from, then I need 200 CER user licenses?

Just want to clarify

Thanks

5 Replies 5

stormes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need 400 CER user licenses for 400 devices, irrespective of whether its 400 users with one device each, or 200 users with 2 devices each.

So Jabber client included?

Ordering Guide (I guess so).  Sheesh

Each Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 server or redundant pair must be licensed separately. One Cisco Emergency

Responder user license corresponds to one device. Cisco Emergency Responder user licenses are required for all

types of devices capable of placing emergency calls, including wired IP phones, wireless IP phones, software

telephony clients, and analog gateway FXS ports. Cisco Emergency Responder user licenses are shared by both

Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 servers in a redundant pair. There is no need to order duplicate Cisco Emergency

Responder user licenses.

Yes clients requires a CER user license per endpoint.

Thanks

Saurabh

Thank you Sir!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: