ekuvinka
Level 1
Level 1

thank you

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you tell us a little of what it is you're trying to do? Disabling the system checks that setup does is not supported - what problem are you running into that you want to do this?

yes, please read my post "Unity 4.0.3 work around with domino"

we are running unity 4.0.3 with notes 6.0.1

the domino server is running 6.0.3

is there a work around to make unity work with domino running notes 6.0.3?

i beleive unity and domino was working together at first then the notes team upgraded to 6.0.3 then we had to reload the unity box and it won't let us because the proper version was not found.

i'm hoping there's some kind of work around because the domino cannot be downgraded to an earlier version. there are too many users on it to shut it down at the present time.

somebody please help

I think Toby (from the Domino messaging team) answered this on another thread, right?

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.eeaf41e

That configuration isn't supported. If you understand your system wont be supported by TAC if you need assistance, I can provide instructions for disabling some of the Syscheck tests. Just be aware, those tests are there for a reason and working around them is a very, very bad idea.

he did mention that there's a way to disable syscheck, but didnt explain how to do it.

i have no choice. i have to disable the syscheck. there is no way around it. the notes team will not go from 6.0.3 to an earlier version. there are too many users on that server.

this is a just a temporary short term solution. we will be getting unity 4.0.4 in the near future and we won't have to deal with this issue anymore.

so please, can someone assist me in disabling the syscheck.

thank you

my email is will667@hotmail.com if you would prefer to use that

Well, you can't just turn SysCheck off - it's a series of XML files that are called to check all kinds of things from minimum OS compliance to Exchange/Domino configurations and the like. Hacking around in here is a little messy.

You'll find all the XML files called by the SysCheck application during setup under \syscheck\enu\

The ones you care about are under \Domino6\ in that directory - you can't just delete these or the SysCheck application will not be happy. I believe you can edit the "TestSuites.XML" file - in there you'll see calls to three other sest files (notes install, domino and notes password or something close to that). You can edit th eXML file to remove the tests and I believe this will have the effect of "stubbing out" the Domino verification tests. I don't think other files are called directly by SysCheck other than this one.

If that doesn't fly (i.e. it does call other XML files in there) - search on the specific error message you're getting in the XML files in that directory - it should show you where the test is being made that's failing and you can edit the XML to remove the check.