Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.6 unable to hangup conference participant

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Guys,

Having a problem with Jabber 11.5.  When conferencing, we are unable to hang up on participants.  I feel this may be a "Feature" within Jabber as Ive tested on multiple systems across Jabber 11.5 and 11.6 and the behaviour is the same, but im interested to get other inputs.

Using deskphone or softphone mode for calls we do the following:

1. Call anyone (internal or external)

2. Answer call

3. Click the 3 dots in the jabber window, select conference - the "Add participants" window appears

4. Enter the name or number of any other participant and call them

5.The first participant goes on hold

6. You cannot hang up on the newly dialled participant, the hang up button is greyed out.

Screenshot below

I have checked through the logs and the client THINKS it has the capability to hang up, but the button is greyed out. The only way to drop them is to right click them and remove, which is not intuitive for the users

What are peoples feelings on this behaviour?

2016-08-26 10:09:57,389 INFO  [0x00001cb0] [control\CallControlManagerImpl.cpp(3288)] [csf.ecc.evt] [csf::ecc::CallControlManagerImpl::notifyCallEventObservers] - CALL_EVENT: evStateChanged, 0x10014, RingOut, CC_ATTR_NORMAL, CC_CALL_TYPE_OUTGOING, Participant 0 DN: 879999, URI: , Video: CC_SDP_DIRECTION_INACTIVE, CallInstance: 2, GCID: 2-97541, IsConf: 0, IsLocalSharing: 0, IsRemoteSharing: 0, CapSet: canAddRemoteWindow,canRemoveRemoteWindow,canAddPreviewWindow,canRemovePreviewWindow,canEndCall,canSendDigit,canDirectTransfer,canMuteAudio

2 Replies 2

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I will test it out in my own lab and let you know. But AFAIK this seems to be working as designed. You have to remove the participant is to right click on them and then remove.

I kind of agree with you, but they arent in the conference just yet.  At the stage that this problem happens, you are on a point to point call with another on hold, so you should be able to hangup if the call to the desired participant goes to voicemail.

WE have users who get stuck leaving voicemails for people while this happens because it is not obvious at all how you get that person off the call.