Views
Helpful
Replies

Leaving and Retrieve a Mesage for a CallHandler

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

On Unity 4.1 is there anyway to get a Call Handler to act more like a subscriber? I need to have a Call Handler answer a call and then give the option to take a message. I then need that message to be able to be picked up by any IP Phone that has the DN of the Call Handler on it by pressing the line and then the messages button. Currently I am burning subscriber licenses for this functionality and since it is for a group of people it seems more appropriate as a Call Handler. It still needs to be able to light an MWI though

All replies rated. Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, you can create a distribution list with all the users you want to get the messages for that phone and set that up as the recipient for the call handler - all messages left for that call handler are left for all users of the DL - their lamps go on and such.

Other than that, a message store requires a license (the subscriber license includes the MS call for the Exchange mailbox used to store the messages) so there's no way to have a free mailstore to use.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, you can create a distribution list with all the users you want to get the messages for that phone and set that up as the recipient for the call handler - all messages left for that call handler are left for all users of the DL - their lamps go on and such.

Other than that, a message store requires a license (the subscriber license includes the MS call for the Exchange mailbox used to store the messages) so there's no way to have a free mailstore to use.

We really need to clone you Jeff! Thanks as always for the spot-on information. BTW, great job on the Unity book.

Thanks,

Angel