cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sending a user back to there VM after a user presses 0

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that when you press 0 to get his Assistant and she doesn't answer, they want it to go back to his VM box, not her's. Now I know how to setup how to forward it to his Assistant, but I'm not sure about how to get the call back to his VM.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need to setup a secondary line on her phone. So it does ring her line x times, then rolls back to the VPs box. This second line, say x4444, but 4444 in the alternate extensions field. So when Unity picks up the rollover to unity, it will go back to his box.

make sense?

cheers!

Makes Sense, I was hoping that there was another way, they don't want to add another line on her phone. I could have done the same thing you said about adding a second line, but then add a VM profile with his extension.

Thanks anyway!

yeah, its a little confusing because we dont have what his voicemail says.

"Hi, you have reached VP Dave, please leave a message or hit 0 for my assistant."

If this is what it says, then the 4444 would ring her second line, then roll back to Unity as 4444 and go into the alternate extension profile for VP Dave. If you are trying to fake out the caller that VP Dave does not have assistant, you can send it back to his greeting for VM and it will never transfer.

Cheers!