cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 Email Notification

mjerickson
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 7.1.5 and Unity Connection 8.5.  Single Inbox.

When receiving a VM, we are getting alias@connectionservername.domainname.com.

I was hoping to get alias@primarysmtpaddress.com .  Is there something I'm missing here?  We have a Mult-Tenant environment.

Thanks.

I will add that we are moving from Unity 7 to Unity Connection 8.5.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mike,

Your question was specifically about flexibility with the SMTP domain, which is what I answered.  As far as being able to reply, yes you can reply to voice mail messages just like Unity.  However, it's a tad different.  There may be some extra configuration required on Exchange if your users are not using VMO to reply to these messages.  There was an article written about this exact scenario:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/unified-comm-application/blog/2011/07/18/unity-connection-851-single-inbox-unified-messaging-forwardreply-in-outlook-fails-with-ndr

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

The SMTP address you're seeing is set on a global level for the entire server (all users) under the SMTP Server configuration.  Unfortunately, it's going to reflect on all users and can't be selectively configured.

Hope that answers the question,

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for the reply.  It seems as though this isn't a true Unified Messaging platform, but maybe I'm used to Unity.  I should be able to respond to a VM that gets delivered to my Inbox.

Thanks.

Hi Mike,

Your question was specifically about flexibility with the SMTP domain, which is what I answered.  As far as being able to reply, yes you can reply to voice mail messages just like Unity.  However, it's a tad different.  There may be some extra configuration required on Exchange if your users are not using VMO to reply to these messages.  There was an article written about this exact scenario:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/unified-comm-application/blog/2011/07/18/unity-connection-851-single-inbox-unified-messaging-forwardreply-in-outlook-fails-with-ndr

Hope that helps,

Brad