cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using personal contacts and Jabber to produce CallerID on an 8841 phone??

bparker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, So my question about producing caller ID comes from a group of employees that keeps a list of contacts in outlook that sync with Jabber. So the employee can search a personal contact from Jabber, off hook the phone and place the call. Jabber shows the contact you are calling but the phone only produces the number. Also with inbound caller id on the phone itself it just shows the number and not the contact in outlook.  If the phone and Jabber are synced to the user in Call manager, why does the phone not produce caller ID for that contact both inbound and outbound? 

Also the personal directory in the self service doesnt produce caller id on the phone either?

The end user didn't like my response of "Just use Jabber and not the phone itself for missed and sent calls" you wont have this problem.  I saw that there might be a way to point to cube to a web page that has "name to number" but haven't found any good instructions to do so. 

I have Call manger/IMP 11.5 u5, and a 4331 cube to Centurylink over Sip. 

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because Jabber does use the directory sources to perform that number to name mapping, while IP phones DO NOT have that feature built-in.

And no, personal directory does not make this happen, because phones do not look at any directory source to map a number to a name.

If you want that to happen, you need a 3rd party directory that provides such feature. Or as you mention, to use a script/service on your CUBE to modify the SIP messages and add that information.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate