cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC ESXi Compatibility

Anas Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

I'm upgrading my BE6KH C220M5 server's ESXi from 6.5U2 to 7.0U3 so i was checking ESXi CIMC versions compatibility using the below 2 links (Cisco & VMware) and i thought there's a contradiction or at least inaccuracy in one of them as the VMware link says 3.1.3 is the least compatible CIMC version with 7.0U3 however Cisco link says 4.1.2 (References below), am i missing anything here?

VMware Reference

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=server&productid=48322&deviceCategory=server&details=1&partner=146&releases=578&keyword=C220&systemTypes=2&page=1&display_interval=500&sortColumn=Partner&sortOrder=Asc

AnasHafez_0-1680147764637.png

Cisco Reference

https://ucshcltool.cloudapps.cisco.com/public/

AnasHafez_1-1680147831169.png

AnasHafez_2-1680147884256.png

1 Reply 1

Anas Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is me replying to myself here but i have checked the HUU user guide and if i think the Cisco Link doesn't clarify the ESXi compatibility with CIMC/Server Firmware version but instead the Servers' HW components software drivers' version compatibility with CIMC version according to which ESXi version, do not know why is the drivers' versions related to ESXi and not just CIMC version also i know that ESXi upgrade/update updates the drivers (Can be verified using this command esxcli software vib list) but i think we still need to make sure each driver version is higher or equal to the one present in Cisco Link

AnasHafez_0-1680157067920.png

If anyone can share more insight on this matter please let me know to verify whether my above assumption/understanding is correct or not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card